Monday, March 11, 2013

A new Character and an overview of the universe


Spring break came and went and with it the time to get back to work. The week before break i started concepting the last character Chain. The idea behind Chain was that he is the spiritual equivalent of Cable from the Marvel Universe. I really like Cable as a character and i wanted Chain to embody that same kind of style, in the back story Chain is a soldier from the future with special teleportation powers, he has a robotic arm and eye. I looked at references from similar characters besides Cable, i looked at the Winter Soldier, iron man, and the auto mail from Full metal alchemist to get a feel of what Chain could look like.









I personally really like the look and feel of the auto mail for the first iteration I tried to combine the automail with elements from the iron man armor I also based it heavily on cable as that was my first inclination for this character. For the second iteration I veered off   and experimented with his robotic arm as well as played around with the kind of clothes a future soldier could wear. His back story mentioned that he had a robotic eye so i gave him a more mechanical visor to represent that and i also changed up his hair style to a mohawk. For the last iteration i decided to take it a step further on the whole future soldier thing, I gave him a much more futuristic looking armor and no hair. To my discontent this one turned out looking like Lex Luthor however there are some good elements to it which im sure I will pull form for the final concept after the team meets on Tuesday.


Lastly putting the characters aside I started working on concepting the background for Light speed Lass' stage. We decided that the platform themselves will be part of a ship so i thought it would be a good idea if we could get a zoomed out aerial view of Seagull city in the distance. Then I thought  since they are supposed to be on the ship then it would make sense for them to be in Space. I made another concept of what the background could look like if they were inside the ship.





No comments:

Post a Comment